Kolukkumalai tea is term of tea sourced from Kolkkumalai – the world’s highest tea plantation in Munnar ( 8199 ft MSL). Kolukkumalai teas are distinguished with their clean and medium toned fragrance. As with regular strong bodied Munnar teas with lively briskness, these Kolukkumalai teas appeal with their fruit hint and leaves lingering note of sweetness in the end.
Zero calories : Green tea, when had without milk or sugar, not only tastes great but contains virtually zero calories
Next best to water : Brewed, unsweetened Green Tea being 99% water is a great way to meet your daily required fluid intake
Glowing skin : Give your skin a hydrated healthy glow with Green Tea
Heart health : Consumption of green tea as a part of a healthy lifestyle may help maintain a healthy heart as it is thought to have a protective effect against cardiovascular diseases
Simply Delicious flavour and great taste
Soothing aroma of a warm cup of green tea may help you relax
Health benefits of Green Tea-
Drinking green tea is a great way to rev up your metabolism as green tea is packed with metabolism-boosting flavonoids called catechins. Green tea is rich in theanine, a beneficial amino acid found almost exclusively in Camellia sinensis plants.When your metabolism is cranked into high gear, your body will burn more energy, which in turn can help you lose excess body weight.Research suggests that theanine in tea plants helps boost the immune system and prevent infections by enhancing the activities of a group of disease-fighting cells.
How to prepare Green Tea –
- Use fresh, pure, cold filtered water.
- Typically, green teas are brewed in short infusions at around 80 to 85 degrees Celsius. If you don’t have an electric kettle with temperature control, simply allow your boiling water to rest before pouring it over your green tea leaves. If the water is too hot, your tea will release more bitterness and astringency more quickly.
- Recommend 1 spoon of loose leaf tea per 1 glass of water.
- Cover your steeping tea to keep all the heat in the steeping vessel.Green tea should steep from 30 to 60 seconds.
- Adding milk (and even sugar) to your green tea is okay if you like to season your cuppa. Keep in mind that the flavor of green tea is generally quite light and you may cover it up with the addition of milk and/or sugar, and you’ll also be adding calories