₹65.00 – ₹600.00
Black pepper or Kali Mirch apparently was used as currency in ancient Greece. This seemingly small black spice is power packed with nutrients to improve your health. These include manganese, potassium, iron, dietary fiber, and vitamins C and K can be found in black pepper. It is also a medicinal spice which is attributed to its antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Black Pepper which is (Kurumulaku in Malayalam – Kali Mirch in Hindi – Marich in Sanskrit) is cultivated for its fruit. The “king of spices” is widely used in cuisines globally. It’s indigenous to the rain forests of Kerala and also known as “black gold”. Black pepper is actually a flowering vine. In Kerala it’s still dried in direct sunlight. The fruit in the dried stage is known as peppercorn and that’s used as a spice, medicine and seasoning. After drying it’s consumed in the raw form.
- Pepper is an inevitable ingredient for several culinary delights. Besides hot taste and aroma, it’s added to dishes to correct the seasoning. Pepper is a good preservative which is used in baking, pickling, canning and for preserving meat. The world today consumes as much black pepper as all other spices combined. It’s used in one way or other in most cuisines and it’s used to prepare just about every kind of dish, including desserts!
- Black pepper is one of the most versatile spices used in virtually in all kinds of savoury cooking. In order to keep their fragrance and flavor intact, they are generally ground just before preparing dishes and added at the last minutes in the recipes. Since, ground pepper only stays fresh for about three months, but peppercorns will last indefinitely. They are used to marinate chicken, fish, and meat. Can be used in the preparation of soups, barbecue sauces, pickling and as a main ingredient in
- Spicy Carte supplies cleaned and sorted Black Pepper corns from selected Farmers of Wayanad and Idukki Districts, Kerala to ensure the highest quality provided to you at your doorstep. They are best stored in tiny spice glass or steel air tight containers in a cool, dry place where they can keep for months. Fresh Spices are of potent in flavor, so make sure you use it sparingly for longer life and quality. Same Day Dispatch.
- Tip: A homemade cure for a bad migraine headache is a concoction of freshly crushed black pepper cooked in milk. A resealable bag is convenient and ensures the product will stay fresh for months.
1000gm, 100gm, 250gm, 500gm